8 road trips you can take from Mumbai within 15 hours.
Updated: Feb 10, 2021
No, we are not saying Lonavala and Matheran. There are a dozen places that are yet to be driven to from Mumbai.
As we begin to travel again, we strongly vouch for road trips and nature trails. What if we tell you, you can combine both and that too, within 15 hours.
The Flapper Life lists down 8 road trips, you will love driving away to :
Kolad called as “Maharashtra's Home for White Water Rafting” is the best place for adventure. Kolad is a high-spirited serene place located in the Sahyadri Hills. Kolad is a popular site among nature lovers, art lovers and hike lovers.
· Distance from Mumbai: 122 km
· Attractions: Sutarwadi Lake, Tamhini Ghat Waterfall, Bhira Dam Ghosala Fort, Devkund Waterfalls
· Best time to visit: June to March.
The weather in Lavasa remains pleasant all throughout the year, it is extremely soothing for the routine bound city nerves during the monsoon. The lush green surroundings, rain-soaked trees, lakeside view and wonderful homestays for tourists make it a worthy monsoon/ winter destination in Maharashtra.
Distance from Mumbai: 186 km
Attraction: Laser Animation, Musical Fountain, The Mose River, Varasgaon Dam
Best time to visit: Throughout the year.
The Malshej region in Maharashtra is one of the most well-known destinations to visit during the monsoon. With numerous waterfalls and mountains, medieval forts and forests, The Harishchandragad fort trek is a favourite amongst trekkers. A word of caution to drivers to drive carefully as the ghats can be a little steep at some points.
· Distance: 127 km.
· Attractions: Gurgling waterfalls, lush green hillsides, fascinating rock formations, nature and bird watching.
· Best time to visit: September to March.
Murud is famous for its beautiful sandy coastline adorned with majestic forts and bordered by columns of coconut and palm trees. The calm and serene atmosphere with splendid scenic beauty makes Murud a great place for a holiday. The famous Murud beach is known for its clean shores. One can club this road trip to Alibaug too which is 181 km from Murud which is another beautiful road trip.
· Distance: 122 km to Kashid and 156 km to Murud
· Attractions: Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary is located 12 km from Kashid beach. Also, there is a beautiful dam in Phansad; visit Janjira Fort in Murud.
· Best time to visit: October to March.
The small city in Maharashtra’s Ratnagiri district, Dapoli is nearly two and a half hours away from Kolad. A jewel in the crown of the Ratnagiri district, one can explore the Panhalakaji Caves, Unhavare hot springs, Harnai Port, Karde Beach, Murud Beach and Kadyavarcha Ganapati Temple at this place. You can club Kolad and Dapoli drive as it screams just one word: Spectacle.
· Distance: 214.3 km
· Attractions: You can halt at Ladghar Beach and Karde Beach.
· Best time to visit: June to August.
Blessed with lush greenery, Bhandardara is also a popular stopover for tourists travelling to Nashik and Shirdi. Popularly called as Nature’s bounty, sightseeing is the best activity one can do apart from camping and stargazing.
The Arthur Lake and Wilson Dam are the most famous tourist attractions here. The monsoon season paints the entire hill station green and various waterfalls break out from the hills.
· Distance: 163 km
· Attractions: Visit Umbrella Beach, Amrutheshwar Temple, Kalshubai peak.
· Best time to visit: June to March
Peaceful and Mulshi are synonyms. A tranquil environment with natural quite with calm surroundings crown it as one of the top-rated short trip destinations from Pune. A clean and green paradise, Mulshi is an eco-friendly destination where trekking, photography & bird-watching are carried out in full swing.
· Distance: 161.3 km
· Attractions: Visit the tamhini ghat and Mulshi lake
· Best time to visit: Monsoon Season.
Belgaum has a number of waterfalls near the city making it a suitable place for trekking. One can trek on waters to reach the mountain top. Exciting isn’t it? Trekking activities take place at Gokak Fall, Phanaswadi Waterfall, Sada Falls, Kalsa & Vajra Waterfall and Shimbola Falls.
· Distance: 484.1 km
· Attractions: Belgaum Fort.
· Best time to visit: November to February.
Which one are you off to?
Image courtesy to :
Mulsi : www.myodeysses.com [ Google images]
Rest: Google Images.